This portfolio's top priority is enhancing the quality of the student experience as part of an overall commitment to quality enhancement in the areas of teaching and research across the University.
Rhonda Hawkins AM, as Deputy Vice-Chancellor, provides institutional leadership for the quality of learning, teaching and research across the University.
She works closely with the Deans of Victoria University's academic colleges and other leaders and heads of research institutes and centres.
The portfolio includes:
- the University's academic colleges (including their respective research institutes and centres)
- academic workforce and student success
- learning innovation and quality
- Moondani Balluk
- research and research training.
Academic Workforce & Student Success
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Associate): Professor Greg Baxter
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Associate): Professor Lorraine Ling
College of Arts & Education
Professor Rob Strathdee
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 3 99195594
College of Business
College of Engineering & Science
Professor Farzad Khosrowshahi
Contact: email@example.com, +61 3 99195862
College of Health & Biomedicine
College of Law & Justice
Professor Michael Stuckey
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 3 99197857.
College of Sport & Exercise Science
Pro-Vice Chancellor (Sport Strategy)
Learning Innovation & Quality
Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning Innovation & Quality: Professor Ian Solomonides.
Academic Quality & Standards
Director, Academic Quality & Standards: Deborah Tyler
Contact: email@example.com, +61 3 99194310.
Centre for Student Success
Dean of Students: Susan Young
- Academic Support & Development, Coordinator: Dr Fiona Henderson
- Career Development & Employment Manager: Alexandra Ehrenberg
- Connect for Success, Strategy Leader: Jackie Hammill
- Pathways & Partnerships, Managers: Leigh Edwards and Paula Soon
- Student Transition & Retention, Manager: Jacinta Richards
- Students Supporting Student Learning, Coordinator: Dr Gillian Best.
Director, Connected Learning: Trish McCluskey
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 3 99195240.
- Improving Learning & Teaching, Associate Director: Lyn Hannah
- Learning Environments, Acting Associate Director: Michael Sturmey, email@example.com, +61 3 99194971.
University Librarian, Ralph Kiel
- Information, Resources, Systems & Infrastructure; Associate Director: Adrian Gallagher, firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 3 99194503
- Records & Archives, Manager: vacant
- Scholarly Information Services, Associate Librarian: Frances O’Neil, email@example.com, +61 3 99194065
- Technical Services Team Leader: Bradley Gatt, firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 3 99194593.
Campus Libraries Managers:
- CBD libraries, Manager: Peter Ring, email@example.com, +61 3 99191049
- Footscray libraries, Manager: Garry Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 3 99195932
- West campus libraries, Manager: Jenny Comley, email@example.com, +61 3 99192144.
STEM Education Strategic Initiatives
STEM refers to 'Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics'
Professor, STEM Education Strategic Initiatives: Professor Pat Drake.
VU College is led by Sally-Anne Wilkinson (Director, VU College). It delivers English language courses, pathway diplomas, courses with international education partners, and VU Sydney.
First Year College
Interim Dean: Associate Professor Andrew Smallridge
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 3 99194758
Director: Karen Jackson, Moondani Balluk Academic Unit
Research & Research Training
- Research Services, Director: Donna Hannan
- Research partnerships, Deputy Director: Dr Andrew Gaff
- Manager, Industry and International Partnerships: Rocio Vucetich Karibian (email@example.com)
- Office for Researcher, Training, Quality and Integrity
- Graduate Research Centre, Dean: Professor Anne-Marie Hede
- Mitchell Institute, Executive Director: Sara Glover
- Sir Zelman Cowen Centre, Director: Kathy Laster.
Institutes & research centres
We have consolidated our research. In 2018, research will be undertaken within:
- Institute for Sport, Health & Active Living. Executive Director: Professor Michael McKenna
- Institute of Sustainable Industries & Liveable Cities, Executive Director: Professor Stephen Gray
- Centre of Policy Studies (CoPS). Director: Professor James Giesecke
- Centre for International Research on Education Systems (CIRES). Director: Professor Stephen Lamb
Prior to 2018 research was alsoconducted in the following centres and institutes:
- Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Management, Director: Professor Maximilian De Couten
- Western Centre for Health Research and Education (Western CHRE is a three-way partnership between Western Health, Victoria University and The University of Melbourne, located at the Western Health Sunshine campus). Assistant Dean: Associate Professor Alan Hayes.
- Centre for Applied Informatics (CAI), Director: Professor Yanchun Zhang
- Centre for Environmental Safety and Risk Engineering (CESARE), Director: Professor Vasily Novozhilov.
- Victoria Institute of Strategic Economic Studies (VISES), Director: Professor Bruce Rasmussen
Save a copy of the: