EnactusVU are student-lead projects where students create solutions for social and environmental problems in their own communities and around the world. EnactusVU is the Victoria University branch of Enactus, an international not-for-profit organization dedicated to inspiring students to improve the world through entreprenerial action.
Working as a team to tackle global issues - as defined by the United Nations Global Goals - students will be mentored by educators and business people to positively transform the lives of people in their community and around the world by developing and implementing solutions to real world problems.
As a member of EnactusVU you will:
- be challenged and stimulated with hands-on experiential learning to develop the attributes and characteristics of a leader
- build key skills that include inspiring and leading, building teams, critical thinking, effective communications and sustainability - skills that will increase your employability and "future-proof" your career
- build confidence and enhance your problem-solving skills through real-world challenges
- increase your social awareness as a citizen of the world and gain new perspectives
- make a genuine contribution and a positive difference to the lives of people in communities that you will work in
Every year, Enactus University teams across Australia will compete for the ‘Best Social Enterprise Project’ award. The winning team will then have the opportunity to compete internationally against other Entactus teams from around the world in the Enactus World Cup.
If you have a desire to make a difference, to use entreprenerial action to empower people and improve their livelyhood in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable way, then the EnactusVU program is for you.
See project stories from Enactus participants around the world.
Time comitment for this program is approximately 2 -5 hours per week.
Visit our EnactusVU site for more information and to join.