Director, Quality, Learning & Support
Paula joined Victoria Polytechnic in 2016 as Director Quality, Learning and Support. She is responsible for the following service areas of the Polytechnic:
- Learning development
- Quality and compliance
- Administration and governance
- Capability, OHS and risk
- Curriculum maintenance managers.
Paula has experience establishing and managing academic governance structures and processes in VET contexts to systematise compliance and ensure quality is built in, not bolted on.
She has led a range of transformational change projects, including the strategic shift to blended learning, to improve quality of training and assessment, the student experience and financial sustainability.
She has a proven track record leading the development of innovative educational offerings through applying a comprehensive understanding of VET systems and regulatory environment, a commitment to quality and deep knowledge of contemporary andragogic practices.
Paula’s experience as a teacher, program coordinator, resource developer and commercial project manager inform her commitment to continuous improvement and her approach to improving quality through systems and staff capability.
- (2015) Multi-tasking – achieving commercial outcomes in an education context, Women in leadership
- (2015) Blended learning and compliance in VET, Foundation Skills Forum
- (2014) Blended learning – lessons learned, Converge
- (2014) Embedding blended learning - the VET context, TVET
- (2013) Using Google Hang-out to build digital literacy skills of non-English speakers, Converge
- Golden Key International Honours Society
- Australian Institute of Management
- Victorian Adult Literacy and Basic Education Council
- Director, Quality & Compliance (Bendigo Kangan Institute)
- Group Manager, Learning Development (Kangan Institute)
- Foundation Skills TP Governance Steering Committee - 2012
- Foundation Skills National Network – Victorian VET provider representative – 2013/14 & 2014/15
- Australian Core Skills Framework advisor 2012- 2015
Areas of expertise
- VET quality and compliance
- Learning development
- Leadership and capability building
- VET academic governance
- Contemporary teaching and learning models
- Project management