Applying for confirmation of candidature
Unless you have been admitted with advanced candidature you must apply for candidature in accordance with the timelines set out in the candidature application guidelines.
Work with your supervisor to prepare for candidature in accordance with the University guidelines. Your application for candidature should contain a detailed research proposal that includes:
- thesis title
- project aims
- statement of significance and contribution to knowledge
- literature review
- methodology and conceptual framework
- ethics approval
- occupational health & safety risks
- reference list.
Your College will use the following criteria to assess the suitability of your project in relation to the degree in which your are applying to become a candidate:
- academic merit, feasibility and viability of your project
- capacity of the Flagship Research Institute to ensure adequate supervision, resources and infrastructure to support the proposed project
- your capacity to successfully undertake the project within the time frame stipulated for the degree, taking into account the enrolment time fraction proposed
- other relevant criteria determined by your Flagship Research Institute.
The relevant Flagship Research Institute panel may:
- reject your proposal
- endorse it outright
- endorse it subject to you making changes.
The relevant Flagship Research Institute panel will grant candidature or declare the application unsuccessful. If you fail to achieve candidature you will have one opportunity to resubmit.