EAP is a university and TAFE preparation course. It is designed for students with upper-intermediate to advanced levels of English who want to gain admission to an Australian TAFE, undergraduate or postgraduate course.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) is made up of the following courses:
- EAP5 - University Preparation Undergraduate (courses available at intakes 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9)
A specialised 10-week program for students who wish to enrol in a Victoria University undergraduate course.
- EAP6 - University Preparation Postgraduate (courses available at intakes 3, 4, 7, 8 & 9)
For students with an advanced level of English who wish to enrol in a Victoria University postgraduate course.
Benefits of studying EAP
- Over 95% graduation rates.
- Rapid progress in academic reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Practice in lecture and tutorial note-taking.
- Direct entry to TAFE, undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
- Extra support for students.
|Course location||Levels||Course code||Duration|
|City Flinders||EAP4 (Upper Intermediate)
EAP5 (Advanced I)
EAP6 (Advanced II)
|VNEAP||10 weeks per-level|
|CRICOS code||Intakes||Course fee||Entry|
|082777E||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November||A$395 per week (plus an enrolment fee of A$200) *||IELTS 5.0^, VU English Placement Test or completion of VU General English GE3.|
* All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD)
^Overall score of 6, plus writing at 6, for EAP 6. Overall score of 5.5, plus writing at 5.5, for EAP 5
You will study the following subjects:
- Academic Culture
- Academic Writing
- Academic Reading
- Academic Listening
- Academic Speaking
We offer intakes throughout the year. Our university preparation courses are only available at certain times of the year:
- EAP4 - Certificate and Diploma Preparation all intakes.
- EAP 5 - University Preparation Undergraduate (UPU) course available at intakes 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9.
- EAP 6 - University Preparation Postgraduate (UPP) course available at intakes 3, 4, 7, 8 & 9.
2018 course dates
|Course||Enrolment date||Start date||End date||Intake number|
|EAP 4||4 January||8 January||9 February||1|
|EAP 4 & 5||15 February||19 February||23 March||2|
|EAP 4, 5 & 6||22 March||26 March||4 May||3|
|EAP 4, 5 & 6||3 May||7 May||8 June||4|
|EAP 4||7 June||12 June||13 July||5|
|EAP 4 & 5||19 July||23 July||24 August||6|
|EAP 4, 5 & 6||23 August||27 August||28 September||7|
|EAP 4, 5 & 6||4 October||8 October||9 November||8|
|EAP 4, 5 & 6||8 November||12 November||14 December||9
2019 course dates
|COURSE||ENROLMENT DATE||START DATE||END DATE||INTAKE NUMBER|
|EAP 4||3 January||7 January||8 February||1|
|EAP 5||14 February||18 February||22 March||2|
|EAP 5 & 6||21 March||25 March||3 May||3|
|EAP 5 & 6||2 May||6 May||7 June||4|
|EAP 4||6 June||11 June||12 July||5|
|EAP 5||18 July||22 July||23 August||6|
|EAP 5 & 6||22 August||26 August||27 September||7|
|EAP 5 & 6||4 October||7 October||8 November||8|
|EAP 5 & 6||7 November||11 November||13 December||9|
Preparing for a VU course
You will study an EAP course with VU English if you are required to complete English language studies to gain admission into a VU course.
View the course entry requirements for international applicants to find out if you already have the required English test results to study a VU course.
Submit an online course enquiry to VU International if you have further questions about your eligibility to study a VU course.
Please fill out the form below, and we will get back to you shortly.