Limited parking is available at most of our campuses.
We have included PDF versions of the relevant campus parking maps:
- Footscray Nicholson parking map
- Footscray Park campus parking map
Students and visitors can also park for $5.50 a day in Council run parking behind the campus near Farnsworth Avenue/ Maribyrnong Boulevard. Check the signs to avoid a council issued parking fine.
- St Albans parking map
- Sunshine parking map
- Werribee West parking map and Werribee East parking map
Please note that the city campuses do not have VU parking available. Visit the campus pages for information on how to get there using public transport.
Student & visitor parking
Students and visitors can park in the P Ticket areas, with a valid ticket (all campuses except the city campuses). You only require a ticket during designated times. Please check the signs before you buy your ticket.
- $2.20 for 2 hours
- $5.50 for all-day parking
An additional transaction fee is charged if paying by phone.
Coin ticket machine
You can purchase a ticket from the machines located throughout the campus carparks. Machines only accept 20c, 50c, $1 and $2 coins.
Victoria University carparks use the EasyPark ticketing system in P Ticket areas, which allows you to pay using your mobile phone.
Pay-by-phone parking lets you choose the end time for your session, saving you money by only paying for the actual time that you park.
There are services fees for pay-by-phone parking. The packages are:
- EasyPark Casual – for those that don’t pay to park all that often. There is no monthly fee, and you pay 10% per transaction
- EasyPark Saver – for those that pay to park 2-3 times a week or more. This option involves a monthly fee of $1.99, plus 2.25% per transaction, which is much more cost effective for regular users.
Register for the service by downloading the EasyPark app from their website or calling 1300 734 070.
To avoid the transaction fee you can still buy your ticket at the coin ticket machines.
Parking space availability
Ticket spaces (approx): 650
Accessible (disabled) spaces: 12
Other options: Street parking is available in the surrounding streets south of Ballarat Rd. Cost has now been reduced to maximum $5 per day. See Maribyrnong City Council parking around campus map.
Ticket spaces (approx): 60
Accessible (disabled) spaces: 11
Other options: There is limited street parking available on Pilgrim and Albert streets. Time limits apply so please check signage for restrictions. There is also a public car park on Albert street, North of Buckley street.
Ticket spaces (approx): 430
Accessible (disabled) spaces: 16
Other options: Limited on-street parking in available in Phoenix street. Please check signage for restrictions.
Ticket spaces (approx): 1200
Accessible (disabled) spaces: 32
Other options: Streets surrounding the campus are resident permit only parking. Please check signage for restrictions.
Ticket spaces (approx): 415
Accessible (disabled) spaces: 14
University residences parking
Residents of UniLodge@VU require a University Residences (UR) parking permit. This permit allows parking in P Ticket areas and E Permit zones only.
You can apply for a:
- 3 month UR permit A$192.50
- 6 month UR permit A$385
- 12 month UR permit A$750.
Payment is required on application and permits are non-refundable.
- complete the UR parking permit application form
- submit the form to your Residential Manager.
University carparks are regulated by the Road Safety Act 1986 and its associated Regulations.
If you park in one of our campus car parks keep in mind that:
- A charge for parking applies between the hours of 8.30am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday (including public holidays).
- A daily permit or ticket will allow you to park at any campus on the day of issue, allowing you to reuse it on the same day on other campuses. Please remember to display the permit or ticket prominently on your dashboard.
- For safety reasons, the speed limit on all VU campuses is 10 kph.
- Users park at their own risk. University Management will not accept any responsibility for any damage, accidents or losses.
- Disabled parking spaces are available on each campus. You will need to clearly display on the dashboard at all times a current Category 1 Disabled Persons Parking Permit and a valid VU permit or ticket. Parking in designated disabled parking spaces for 30 minutes or less is free of charge for authorised users of disable parking spaces.
- Cars not parked according to car park signs will be fined.
Fines, or parking infringement notices (sometimes referred to as PINs) are issued to vehicles parked contrary to the requirements of the car park signage.
Paying for your parking infringement
Details regarding how to pay your fine are listed on the back of the parking infringement notice.
Lost parking infringement notices
If you lose the parking infringement notice you can obtain a copy from Bartels Taylor & Associates.
Appealing parking infringement notices
If you intend to appeal the parking infringement, complete the Parking Infringement Appeal form and mail it to:
Bartels Taylor & Associates
PO Box 779
Melton VIC 3337
Phone: 9747 9569
Once your appeal is received, the parking infringement notice is placed on hold, pending the outcome of your appeal.
It is advisable not contact the University in the first instance as your parking infringement notice will not be placed on hold and overdue fees may be added to the infringement costs.
When the review process has been finalised you will be advised of the outcome in writing.
If you have appealed your parking infringement and were unsuccessful, you may lodge a 2nd appeal provided you have gathered additional evidence that may support your case. You cannot appeal a 2nd time with the same evidence you provided in your first appeal.
If your 2nd appeal is unsuccessful, the only remaining options are to pay the infringement or to elect to take the matter to court.
Withdrawal of parking infringement notices
A parking infringement notice will only be considered for withdrawal if it was issued incorrectly or if there were extenuating circumstances.
Staff parking permits
Staff can purchase annual permits through the Parking Office. Full details are available on the Facilities Department intranet site. You can have the fee automatically deducted from your fortnightly pay. Staff can park in E Permit or P Ticket areas.
If you have a VU one-day scratchie permit, these may be used in either E Permit or P Ticket areas.