In the last round of ERA rankings in 2015, Victoria University received the following ratings in the ERA program:
The highest rating of 5 (well above world standard) in:
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (FoR 0906)
- Human Movement and Sports Science (FoR 1106)
- Nursing (FoR 1110).
A rating of 4 (above world standard) in:
- Mathematical Sciences (FoR 01)
- Applied Mathematics (FoR 0102)
- Engineering (FoR 09)
- Mechanical Engineering (FoR 0913).
A rating of 3 (world standard) in:
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing (FoR 0801)
- Distributed Computing (FoR 0805)
- Information Systems (FoR 0806)
- Education (FoR 13)
- Specialist Studies in Education (FoR 1303)
- Tourism (FoR 1506)
- Language Communication and Culture (FoR 20)
- Cultural Studies (FoR 2002).
For further information about research being undertaken at VU, view our research focus areas.
"Our researchers should be extremely proud of their achievements as this national evaluation confirms that researchers at Victoria University compete with the world's best in a range of disciplines".
Professor Peter Dawkins, Vice-Chancellor and President, Victoria University
News: VU research tops world standards (December 2015).