Whether you are on or off campus, you can chat online with a librarian for advice and help with finding, accessing and using library resources and services.
Using chat, our library staff can guide you in your search for information for assignments, exam preparation, postgraduate studies, and assist with other library questions.
Get help finding VU Library resources such as:
- eBooks and eJournals
- online videos
- past exam papers.
A Librarian is available online to help you when you do a Library search.
The pop-up window ‘Do you need help?’ will appear soon after you do a search to assist you with finding a resource.
Our Librarians can also give you guidance on:
- accessing items from other libraries (BONUS+, CAVAL and ArticleReach)
- accessing research resources such as research papers
- document request service
- referencing and copyright.
Chat, part of the Ask a Librarian service, is available Monday to Friday (except public holidays and University closures).
- During HE semester: 9am-8pm (Mon-Thurs) and 9am-5pm (Fri).
- Outside of HE semester: 9am-5pm (Mon-Fri).
Ask a Librarian service
You can access the Ask a Librarian service: